***The info was updated on: 14-Aug-2016.
Deadline: before 2 Nov 2016 (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts May/Sept 2017
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was made to pull in and hold world-class doctoral understudies and to set up Canada as a worldwide focus of perfection in exploration and higher learning. The grants are towards a doctoral degree (or consolidated MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS portion. Regardless, the Vanier CGS is reasonable just at the qualified Canadian foundation that presented the designation.
Level/Field(s) of study:
PhD programs (or consolidated MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in wellbeing research; characteristic sciences and/or designing examination; and sociologies and/or humanities research
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 167 grants are honored every year
Canadian natives, changeless occupants of Canada and remote residents are qualified to be assigned for a Vanier CGS.
The grants is worth $50,000 every year for a long time.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you should:
• be assigned by stand out Canadian college, which more likely than not got a Vanier CGS portion;
• be seeking after your first doctoral degree (counting joint undergrad/graduate examination program, for example, MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – in the event that it has an exhibited and huge exploration segment). Note that exclusive the PhD bit of a joined degree is qualified for subsidizing;
• expect to seek after, in the late spring semester or the scholastic year taking after the declaration of results, full-time doctoral (or joined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the selecting college; Note that exclusive the PhD part of a consolidated degree is qualified for financing;
• have finished close to 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2017;
• have accomplished a top of the line normal, as controlled by your college, in each of the most recent two years of full-time study or proportionate. Competitors are urged to contact the college for its meaning of a top notch normal; and
• not have officially gotten a doctoral-level grant or association from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to attempt or finish a doctoral degree.
Applicants must be selected by a Canadian Institution with a standard at which they need to ponder. Applicants can't have any significant bearing specifically to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are started in one of two ways. Either the understudy educates the workforce of graduate learns at the chose organization of their plan to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the foundation starts the designation procedure by reaching the coveted competitor.
Applications are set up by the understudy and submitted to the designating foundation by their interior due date utilizing the ResearchNet application framework. The naming organization then advances prescribed designations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 2 November 2016.
It is essential to visit the official site (join found underneath) to get to the application frame and to know the complete points of interest on the best way to apply for this grant.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
Description as an Image: